BAHS is a limited admission shelter.
This means BAHS intakes adoptable animals and never euthanizes for shelter space.
Mission: The Belleville Area Humane Society improves the lives of animals in our community through adoption, humane education, and community outreach.
Vision: All animals in our community are valued, cared for, and treated with compassion.
Values: Compassion, Education, Community, and Collaboration
- BAHS is a limited admission shelter. This means we intake adoptable animals and never euthanize for shelter space.
- We have been housing animals in our community since 1959. Thousands of dogs and cats have found their forever homes since that time.
- BAHS finds loving families for over 800 pets annually.
- We are a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, which means we are 100% donor funded and receive no government support or tax dollars.
- We provide humane education and community outreach in order to promote animal welfare and eliminate overpopulation.
- BAHS prides itself on providing a safe and clean shelter that is comfortable for our animals.
BAHS’ save rate is 98%. This is determined by subtracting our shelter euthanasia rate from our total intake and then dividing by total intake. BAHS is a limited admission shelter. This means we intake adoptable animals and never euthanize for shelter space. Please contact us at 618-235-3712 with any questions.