Your gift is precious to us and it goes a long way.
Upon intake, we vaccinate, microchip, schedule spay/neuter appointments, bath, and heartworm test all of our animals. In order to give our residents the best care, we rely on our community to help. Below you will find all of the ways that you can help support the Belleville Area Humane Society!
Without you, we would not be able to do the work that we do!
More Ways To Donate
Thank you for your generous donation to support our animals! Through the St. Louis Pet Lover’s Coalition, we are fortunate enough to be part of their feed program. All of our dog and cat food is generously donated by Purina. We exclusively feed Purina One at our shelter. At this time, we are not in need of your food donation, but if you would like to give gifts in kind, please see the list of items below that are essential to our operations.
The most needed items are in bold. Thanks!
For the animals:
- PetSafe Easy Walk Harness (Amazon)
- Fortiflora for Dogs (Amazon)
- Fortiflora for Cats (Amazon)
- L-lysine Supplement for Cats (Amazon)
- Transitional Leads (Buy Here)
- Cat Carriers
- Large Dog Crates (Amazon)
Large Dog Beds (Amazon)
Large Kong Dog Toys (Amazon)
- Kitten Beds
- Cat Toys
- Cat Poop Scoopers (Small with Bucket)
- Cat Beds and Dog Beds
- Dog Pooper Scoopers (Metal with Spade) (Amazon)
- Dog Collars (Large and Medium)
- Martingale Dog Collars (Amazon)
- Locking Slip Leads
- Flea and Tick Preventative/Capstar (Dog and Cat)
- Pet Corrector Spray or Pet Convincer Re-fillable Cartridges (Amazon)
- Small Dog Treats for Training
- String Cheese
- Chicken Broth
- Pill Pockets
- Slow Feeder Bowls
Big item donations
(perfect for fundraisers):
For the office/building:
- Large Trash Can ( Amazon)
- Red Folders with Pockets (Amazon)
- Blue Folders with Pockets (Amazon)
- Rescue Disinfectant (Amazon)
- Garbage Bags with Draw Strings (13, 30, 55 Gallons-no drawstrings)
- Copy Paper
- Paper Towels
- Toilet Paper
- Gilmore or Chapin Bleach Sprayer (Amazon)
- Hoses (75 feet or longer)
- Carabiner Clips
Also in high demand:
- Gas Cards
- Amazon Gift Cards
- Target Gift Cards
- Petsmart Gift Cards
- Petco Gift Cards
- Office Max/Office Depot
- Home Depot/Lowe’s
Become A Member
Your membership is important to us! We are so glad you are considering becoming an annual member of the BAHS! Our memberships run annually from the date you join. Our special perks allow you to be engaged with our community’s animals and understand the need of our animals when they join our population. Your annual membership provides a simple way for you to get involved in our mission, events and overall shelter operations. Your impactful gift goes a long way.
If you would like to give monthly toward your membership cost, please email email@example.com.
- $25, $50, $75 Friend of BAHS – Invited to our new membership Facebook group
- $100 Puppy Level – Member Car Decal and Membership Facebook group
- $300 Bichon Level – Member Car Decal, Facebook group and Name an animal
- $600 Labrador Level – Member Car Decal, Facebook group, Name animal and receive their picture
- $1,200 Great Dane Level – Member Car Decal, Facebook group and personal tour of BAHS
- $2,400 – Best in Show Level – Member Car Decal, Facebook group and join a Freedom Walk from Animal Control
Donate In Honor Or In Memory
Donate In Honor
If you would like BAHS to send an acknowledgment of your donation to the person you are honoring, please include their name and address in the “acknowledge to” section.
Donate In Memory
If you would like BAHS to send an acknowledgment of your donation to the person you are honoring, please include their name and address in the “acknowledge to” section.”
Learn how an IRA donation can benefit you and BAHS
At BAHS, we truly value each and every supporter. To ensure you receive the best gifting experience, we have partnered with Gifting Insider to utilize the Best Interest Gifting™ (B.I.G.) platform. Through B.I.G., our donors over the age of 70.5 will receive a variety of benefits when gifting to BAHS through their Legacy IRA®:
- Eliminate tax owed on your Required Minimum Distribution (RMD)
- Your Medicare premiums may lower due to lower adjusted gross income (AGI)
- Ensures accurate tax filing of Qualified Charitable Distributions (QCDs)
- Helps preserve after-tax money for your family
- Your family remains in control of their individual retirement assets
Not only do you receive these benefits, but the process is also simple and streamlined.
You can make a Legacy IRA® donation by working with your current financial advisor or by working with a certified Legacy IRA® advisor. Click here to get started: https://giftinginsider.com/make-a-donation/
Questions? Want to find out if you qualify? Contact us today at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The path to rescue starts with you!
BAHS has been cornerstone of the Metro-East animal rescue community for over fifty years. Leave a legacy for yourself, your business, your pets or your loved one by sponsoring a sidewalk brick. A mark of your generosity will be on display for everyone who walks into our shelter on two legs or four.
- A 4″x8″x2″ brick with 1-3 lines (18 characters per line) of text $100
- A 8″x8″x2″ brick with 1-5 lines (18 characters per line) of text $200
- A 8″x8″x2″ brick with any logo (3″x5″) $250
- A 48″x16″ granite bench (limited number) $1600
Contact the shelter at 1-866-951-0247 with any questions.
*Proceeds benefit the Belleville Area Humane Society
Donate your used vehicle and give back to the shelter! Your contribution can make a real difference!
Combined Federal Campaign
Please consider BASH when making next year’s designation for the Combined Federal Campaign! Our number is 86894.