Your gift is precious to us and it goes a long way.
Upon intake, we vaccinate, microchip, schedule spay/neuter appointments, bath, and heartworm test all of our animals. In order to give our residents the best care, we rely on our community to help. Below you will find all of the ways that you can help support the Belleville Area Humane Society!
Without you, we would not be able to do the work that we do!
More Ways To Donate
Check out our Amazon Wish List and make us your charity of choice on AmazonSmile.
Thank you for your generous donation to support our animals! Through the St. Louis Pet Lover’s Coalition, we are fortunate enough to be part of their feed program. All of our dog and cat food is generously donated by Purina. We exclusively feed Purina One at our shelter. At this time, we are not in need of your food donation, but if you would like to give gifts in kind, please see the list of items below that are essential to our operations.
The most needed items are in bold. Thanks!
For the animals:
- Fortiflora for Dogs (Amazon)
- Fortiflora for Cats (Amazon)
- L-lysine Supplement for Cats (Amazon)
- Transitional Leads (Buy Here)
- Cat Carriers
- Large Dog Crates (Amazon)
Large Dog Beds (Amazon)
Large Kong Dog Toys (Amazon)
- Kitten Beds
- Cat Toys
- Cat Poop Scoopers (Small with Bucket)
- Cat Beds and Dog Beds
- Dog Pooper Scoopers (Metal with Spade) (Amazon)
- Dog Collars (Large and Medium)
- Martingale Dog Collars (Amazon)
- Locking Slip Leads
- Flea and Tick Preventative/Capstar (Dog and Cat)
- Pet Corrector Spray or Pet Convincer Re-fillable Cartridges (Amazon)
- Small Dog Treats for Training
- Chicken Broth
- Pill Pockets
- Slow Feeder Bowls
Big item donations
(perfect for fundraisers):
For the office/building:
- Large Trash Can ( Amazon)
- Rescue Disinfectant (Amazon)
- Garbage Bags with Draw Strings (13, 30, 55 Gallons-no drawstrings)
- Copy Paper
- Paper Towels
- Toilet Paper
- Gilmore or Chapin Bleach Sprayer (Amazon)
- Hoses (75 feet or longer)
- Carabiner Clips
Also in high demand:
- Gas Cards
- Amazon Gift Cards
- Target Gift Cards
- Petsmart Gift Cards
- Petco Gift Cards
- Office Max/Office Depot Gift Cards
- Home Depot/Lowe’s Gift Cards
Donate In Honor Or In Memory
Donate In Honor
If you would like BAHS to send an acknowledgment of your donation to the person you are honoring, please include their name and address in the “acknowledge to” section.
Donate In Memory
If you would like BAHS to send an acknowledgment of your donation to the person you are honoring, please include their name and address in the “acknowledge to” section.”
Whiskers at Work
The Belleville Area Humane Society’s mission is to improve the lives of pets in our community, what better way then bringing them to your workplace?
We love our Whiskers at Work program for a variety of reasons. For our puppies and kittens, they provide great socialization. Whiskers at Work also helps promote adoption, volunteerism and fostering. BAHS knows how great shelter pets are and we want everyone else to know too!
Studies have shown that interacting with a furry friend reduces stress and blood pressure. When our puppies and kittens meet new human friends, it gives us an opportunity to share our work with the community and our furry adoptable pets love them too!
You can schedule a one-hour playdate with your choice of puppies or kittens for a minimum donation of $250.
Or schedule a 30-minute Whiskers at Work for $150. Proceeds from this service will benefit all of the adoptable animals at the Belleville Area Humane Society.
Become An Event Sponsor
Your company can help to sponsor a BAHS event. This is a great opportunity to support BAHS and to get your business noticed! Contact email@example.com or 618-235-3712 ext. 120 to learn more.
Learn how an IRA donation can benefit you and BAHS
At BAHS, we truly value each and every supporter. To ensure you receive the best gifting experience, we have partnered with Gifting Insider to utilize the Best Interest Gifting™ (B.I.G.) platform. Through B.I.G., our donors over the age of 70.5 will receive a variety of benefits when gifting to BAHS through their Legacy IRA®:
- Eliminate tax owed on your Required Minimum Distribution (RMD)
- Your Medicare premiums may lower due to lower adjusted gross income (AGI)
- Ensures accurate tax filing of Qualified Charitable Distributions (QCDs)
- Helps preserve after-tax money for your family
- Your family remains in control of their individual retirement assets
Not only do you receive these benefits, but the process is also simple and streamlined.
You can make a Legacy IRA® donation by working with your current financial advisor or by working with a certified Legacy IRA® advisor. Click here to get started: https://giftinginsider.com/make-a-donation/
Questions? Want to find out if you qualify? Contact us today at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Donate your used vehicle and give back to the shelter! Your contribution can make a real difference!
Combined Federal Campaign
Please consider BASH when making next year’s designation for the Combined Federal Campaign! Our number is 86894.