Have you lost or found an animal? Report your lost or found pet to let us know more about your situation.
You can email a picture of your lost pet to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
LOST AN ANIMAL?
If you have LOST an animal in St. Clair County you should do the following:
Call to make a lost animal report:
1. St. Clair County Animal Control at 618-235-0585.
(Go through the facility at least 1 time a week till your animal is found) NEW: St. Clair County now has a webpage with pictures of every stray in their facility! Click here to see if your pet is there.
2. Belleville Area Humane Society at 618-235-3712.
(Does not hold stray or lost animals but does take reports from the community, and scans animals for micro-chips.)
3. Your local Police Department List of Phone Numbers at the bottom of this page.
(Some local police departments do hold lost or stray animals)
4. Contact your veterinarian and report your pet missing.
5. If you use Social Media Such as Facebook, these are the following pages that are set up for Lost & Found Animals : You can file a report with this and share to your friends. This gets the entire community involved.
Lost Dogs Illinois (they are also on Craig’s List)
Illinois Lost Cats
Lost or Missing Pets of Belleville
Lost or Missing Dogs of St. Clair County
Things to do if you have lost your animal.
1. Immediately put out food, water and your animal bed or an article of your clothing at the location where your animal was last seen. There is a good chance that your cat or dog may return. Put used litter of the missing cat outside of your home. Consider leaving a garage door slightly open, in case your pet returns.
2. Get the word out by using flyer’s and signs (Like yard sale signs) with a picture of your animal and your phone number, and then check your phone often! Go door-to-door with your flyer’s in the neighborhood where your animal was last seen.
3. Contact your local animal shelter, and animal control facilities, vet clinics and police departments to report your animal missing. Fax or e-mail them a photo of your dog and your contact information.
4. Instruct everyone that is helping you to NOT call or chase your animal. This will prolong your search. If they see your animal, tell them to sit or lay down ( no eye contact) and gently toss out tasty treat to lure your dog in.
St. Clair County Police Departments : Non-Emergency Lines
Caseyville: 618-344-2152 or 618-344-2151
Collinsville: 618-334-2131 Animal Control: 618-346-5213
East Carondelet: 618-286-4660
East St. Louis: 618-482-6767
Fairmont City: 618-274-4010
Fairview Heights: 618-489-2100 Animal Control: 618-398-1530
New Athens: 618-475-2133
Scott AFB: 618-256-2223
St. Clair County Sheriff: 618-277-3504
Washington Park: 618-874-0115
Also, try searching for your lost pet on the Lost Pet USA-Bissell Pet Foundation website.
FOUND AN ANIMAL?
1. Check for a license or ID tag. No tags? Ask around your neighborhood in case the animal lives nearby.
2. Take the animal to the nearest vet or shelter to have the animal scanned for a micro-chip or checked for a tattoo.
3. Notify all the proper authorities to report the animal found. Call your local police non-emergency line. Call local vets and shelters. Call your local animal control to fill out a found animal report or bring the animal to them if you are unable to keep the animal while searching for the owner.
4. Create “found animal” flyers and post them around the neighborhood or animal service businesses.
5. Check http://www.lostpetusa.net/home